Why Does Your Cat Need To Detox?
By Claude West (Cat Man)
This modern world has many luxuries for both cat owners and cats. Unfortunately, there are many health drawbacks due to chemicals found in both human and cat food. These chemicals cause cancers, illnesses, weak bones, and even cause premature death in both people and animals. If your pets mean a lot to you then you will help them detox. Here are some of the first steps that you can take to detox your furry friend. So ask, why does your cat need to detox?
- Change their diet for the better. Use filtered water or certified spring water
instead of water straight from the tap. Do not choose substandard commercial pet foods. Feed them a raw food diet using human-grade ingredients instead. Better yet, ask an expert in raw food diets for animals, what they would suggest for your pet. Both tap water and commercial pet food have chemicals and ingredients that seriously harm your cat’s long-term health.
- Consider investing in some herbs known to cleanse. Both cats and people will eventually need some help cleansing their body of all the toxins that build up over their lives. Sometimes, you and your pets can use the same herbs to cleanse. These herbs often spark the liver, kidneys and digestive tract to work their best. I like the idea of using powdered zeolite (rehydrated) along with a herbal cocktail such as Detox Plus from Native Remedies. Also include immune boosters which help vital organs such as kidneys, liver and intestines.
- Get away from pollution. You do not want your cat becoming sick because it ate the neighborhood’s chemically laden grass. If you want to keep both your pet’s health, as well as your health, stay away from areas having a high level of air, water, or ground pollution.
Why detox and what will that do for my cat? This is a common question of pet owners and here are a few major reasons why it is worth the effort.
- Your cat will live a much longer life, and it will be a much happier one. This is clearly the most popular, and most obvious, reason why so many cat owners are choosing to detox their pets. If you want to keep your furred friend around for years to come, the best way to do it naturally is to help them detox.
- It is natural, nearly effortless, and it is inexpensive. You do not need high- tech veterinarian equipment to improve your pet’s health with a detox session as long as you put in the effort to change a couple of things about the way you and your pet live.
- If you knew what was in commercial pet food, you would want to make sure that your pet detoxes immediately. A simple introduction to the commercial pet food industry can show horrors to pet owners. Rendering plants extract the fat and protein from euthanized animals and sick animals. Then label poor quality animal parts under names like “bone meal” or “animal by-product.” Majority of the commercial pet foods have artificial coloring and preservatives added to the poor quality food. Do you really want to let those kinds of things into your pet’s tummy?
The average pet owner does not even consider the potential chemical hazards in or around their home. Cats are smaller than humans are so small chemical exposures have a huge effect on their health. A good rule is treating your cats as you would your babies when it comes to chemical toxins and food.
I always recommend that you consult a holistic veterinarian or naturopath should you choose to do a herbal detox so they can prescribe the proper medications and dosages.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Claude_West
Reprint requirements: Article reprinted in its entirety without alterations. Author and source required with the article.